RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Propyl chloroformate:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Propyl chloroformate vapors are highly irritating to the eyes and mucous membranes of the respiratory tract. Direct contact with the liquid caused dermal burns and permanent corneal opacification in experimental animals.
- At high concentrations of vapors, noncardiogenic pulmonary edema may develop rapidly; respiratory distress, prostration, and convulsions are possible at lower concentrations.
- Chloride fumes may be released as products of combustion. Inhalation of these thermal decomposition products would be predicted to result in respiratory tract irritation, chemical pneumonitis, bronchospasm and wheezing, or noncardiogenic pulmonary edema.
- Ingestions have not been reported, but based on the irritant and corrosive properties of propyl chloroformate, irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract may be predicted to occur.
© 2011-2020 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.