RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Phenylmercuric acetate:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Phenylmercuric acetate is an organic mercurial used as a fungicide, herbicide, slimicide, and preservative. Although it is an organic mercurial compound, studies in animals and reports of human exposures indicate that its effects are similar to those of inorganic mercurials.
- This review is based on the properties of mercury compounds in general. Specific effects attributed to phenylmercuric acetate are identified.
- ACUTE INORGANIC MERCURY POISONING - The principal concerns are sudden, profound circulatory collapse with tachycardia, hypotension and peripheral vasoconstriction, vomiting, and bloody diarrhea. Renal failure usually develops within 24 hours and may be life-threatening.
- The brain is the critical organ for chronic inorganic mercury poisoning. Tremor and psychological changes such as increased irritability and sensitivity, may lessen xenophobia, insomnia, hallucinations, and mania.
- ONSET - Toxicity may be delayed up to weeks following exposure.
© 2011-2020 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.