RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
RightAnswer Proprietary Data Sources:
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for Amitraz:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- USES: Amitraz is an insecticide used on crops and topically for treatment of parasitic infections of farm animals. It is effective against mites, fleas, and other insects.
- TOXICOLOGY: Amitraz acts as a central alpha-2 adrenergic agonist causing CNS depression, hypotension, and bradycardia.
- EPIDEMIOLOGY: Exposure to amitraz is rare in the United States, but more common in other countries. Severe toxicity is uncommon, but deaths have been reported.
- WITH POISONING/EXPOSURE
- MILD TO MODERATE TOXICITY: Most patients will have mild to moderate gastrointestinal symptoms and mild sedation. Miosis is common; mydriasis may also occur. Hypersalivation is also common.
- SEVERE TOXICITY: Severe toxicity may include bradycardia, hypotension, sedation, seizures, respiratory depression, and coma. Hyperglycemia, acidosis (both respiratory and metabolic) and mild elevation of serum transaminase activity have also been reported. Aspiration pneumonitis may develop from the solvent vehicle (commonly xylene). There is a single report describing torsade de pointes.
© 2011-2020 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.