RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for 67-64-1:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- USES: In industry used as a solvent and chemical intermediate. Also used in some nail polish removers, and paint and varnish removers.
- TOXICOLOGY: Lipid soluble solvent, causes CNS effects similar to ethanol.
- EPIDEMIOLOGY: Common inadvertent exposure in the home, significant toxicity is rare. Deliberate inhalation abuse occurs but is not common. Systemic toxicity most commonly occurs after ingestion or prolonged or high concentration inhalation; rarely after extensive dermal exposure.
- WITH POISONING/EXPOSURE
- MILD TO MODERATE INTOXICATION: Mild CNS depression, mild metabolic acidosis, nausea, vomiting, hyperglycemia and ketosis (mimicking diabetic ketoacidosis) may be seen, most often after ingestions, but occasionally after inhalation or severe dermal exposure.
- SEVERE INTOXICATION: Severe CNS depression, coma, seizures, tachycardia, hypotension, gastrointestinal bleeding, and respiratory depression are rare effects seen with serious intoxication, most commonly after ingestion.
- INHALATION: Nausea, vomiting, headache, excitement, faintness, fatigue, and bronchial irritation may result from inhalation exposure. With high concentration exposures, systemic toxicity can occur similar to that seen with ingestion.
- DERMAL: Repeated dermal exposure to liquid acetone can cause defatting and drying of the skin, and brittle nails. Chemical burns may develop after prolonged exposure. Systemic toxicity after dermal exposure is rare, but may occur if large surface areas are exposed to high concentrations, primarily in young children due to larger surface area to volume and more rapid dermal penetration.
- OCULAR: Acetone and its vapors are mildly irritating to the eyes and mucous membranes. Corneal erosions are a rare effect after high concentration exposure.
© 2011-2020 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.