RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
RightAnswer Proprietary Data Sources:
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for 156-62-7:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Calcium cyanamide is an irritant of the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes. Dermal ulceration or sensitization may occur with repeated exposure. Respiratory tract irritation with pneumonitis or pulmonary edema may occur. Esophageal or gastrointestinal tract irritation may occur if agricultural or industrial products are ingested.
- When ingested with ethanol a characteristic vasomotor response similar to that seen with disulfiram may occur. This reaction includes flushing of the face, upper body, and arms with nausea and vomiting, a sensation of fatigue, chest discomfort, dyspnea, headache, and shivering. Cardiovascular collapse may occur rarely.
- Cyanide ion is NOT released following systemic absorption of calcium cyanamide.
© 2011-2021 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.