RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Report Abstracts and Studies
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for 79-11-8:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- Systemic effects of poisoning may occur following inhalation, dermal, or oral exposure. Exposure to chloroacetic acid vapors may cause eye or mucous membrane irritation.
- Chloroacetic acid is an irritant and may cause severe burns of exposed eyes, skin, and mucous membranes. Ingestion may cause gastrointestinal irritation, burns, perforation, and subsequent peritonitis. CNS and respiratory depression, hypotension, dysrhythmias, seizures, liver damage, renal failure and pulmonary edema may develop after severe ingestions or exposures.
- When heated to decomposition, chloroacetic acid emits chlorine gas which may cause respiratory or systemic toxicity.
© 2011-2019 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.