RightAnswer Knowledge Solutions provides access to hundreds of data sources. Our premier and proprietary sources include fully-researched documents from well-established experts in the chemical and HazMat fields.
A search in our system for this chemical would return results – all in one place -- in the following categories from the listed data sources.
- Chemical Identification
- Environmental Hazards
- First Aid/Medical Treatment
- Handling/Storage/Shipping/Waste Management
- MSDS Documents
- Personal Protection
- Physical Hazards/Corrective Response Actions
- Physical/Chemical Properties
- Reproductive Risk
- Toxicology/Health Hazards/Exposure
|Example of Acute Exposure data from MEDITEXT.|
RightAnswer Proprietary Data Sources:
Other Government Links Searched via RegsKnowledge:
State Environmental Regulations
Example Content from MEDITEXT for 2231-57-4:
Please note: this is an extract of information from a larger document. Full document and details are available by subscription.
ACUTE EXPOSURE INFORMATION
- THERE WAS NO INFORMATION on SPECIFIC CLINICAL EFFECTS OF EXPOSURE TO THIS AGENT IN AVAILABLE REFERENCES AT THE TIME OF THIS REVIEW.
- SEIZURES have been noted in exposed experimental animals. This effect has not been reported in exposed humans.
- Exposed individuals should have a careful, thorough medical history and physical examination performed, looking for any abnormalities. Exposure to chemicals with a strong odor often results in such nonspecific symptoms as headache, dizziness, weakness, and nausea.
- Many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury, which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases.
- Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested.
- A number of chemical agents produce an allergic hypersensitivity dermatitis or asthma with bronchospasm and wheezing with chronic exposure.
© 2011-2019 RightAnswer.com, Inc. and/or its licensors. All rights reserved. No claim to original U.S. Govt. works.